Cutting Back

This guest post from Doris Dillon

My budget has been tight lately, so I have had to cut out some of the extras like cable and internet. My boss had to cut everyone’s hours at work, which means we get paid less. I didn’t want to move back in with my parents, so that meant I had to make some tough decisions. I also started clipping coupons and driving around less so that I spend less on gas. So far I’m doing well and haven’t had to ask my parents for any cash. My boyfriend felt bad for me since I am so bored when I am at home, so he decided to surprise me with clear 4g internet for my birthday. It works out perfectly since now I can download movies and TV shows to watch, so I’m not missing my cable too much. I didn’t realize how much I depended on the internet for entertainment before I had to do without it. I am so grateful that my boyfriend saved the day. I hope I can come up with a great birthday gift for him next month. I would feel terrible if I couldn’t think of something as thoughtful as his gift was.

Comments

Popular Posts