Friday Rambling

Today is such a busy day, for some reasons I have a lot of calls t from my friends. As usual telebabad with my neighbor/friend Jelyn with our walang kamatayang problem " Which kind of "mineral makeup we're going to order?":-) and of course our daily lives with our energetic munchkins. It's so nice to hear ramblings from other mom, make me realize I'm not alone, that not just my child has tantrums. Anyways, my shopping partner Joan from Tennessee called me, telling me that the Guess purses in their mall is on sale, so I'm super jelly because I love Guess products. Imagine she bought latest design of Guess satchel for $32, that was a good buy. Well, she said she's going to buy one for me for my birthday. Oh well, I'm so spoiled. That's what I thank God for. He gave me friends who spoiled me a lot , jussst kidding. Seriously, I've been blessed for having friends who are always there for me through thick and thin and especially when I'm having tantrums. They're there to correct me if I'm wrong and support me if I'm right.
But I feel bad sometimes because it seems like lately I'm not reciprocating their kindness. At times I'm wondering if I was even a good friend. But maybe I am because they're still there.
Anyways, today I have a couple of friends visiting me. We cooked our favorite Shrimp sinigang.

I'm also thankful that the Filipinos here in our place are so nice to us. They treat us like a family. I will surely miss them when we're going to move to Eureka someday, in two years God willing. I want us to move to Eureka because I believe there's a lot of opportunities there for me and for my children. I want to be a lawyer hehe. Seems it's just an unreachable dream for me. But who knows, there's no harm in trying. I just want to finish a degree here in the states to make my parents and family proud of me especially my husband. When I graduated in college in the Philippines I saw how I make my parents proud, but it seems like I failed them when I decided to marry without establishing a good career first. I know my mom was jealous of my classmates who became doctors, lawyers and successful engineers. But I'm not losing hope, I can make it up, here in America, and it's gonna be even better.
But I know, when I gave them two adorable grandchildren, they were so proud of me and they could never been so happier. Having Steph and Eric is the best thing that has ever happened to our whole family. And I couldn't replace them for the world.

Comments

Popular Posts