Comfort from Home

I came from a very huge family in the Philippines . I have many cousins in both sides of the family. Sometimes there's trouble but you know it's just part of my life. In the end, we're still family. When I came here in the states my husband's family is only his daughter. His parents died already and all her brothers died in the war. Very sad. Until last Nov. 9, his daughter died in a car accident. We have a lot of friends who supported us but it's different when you really have relatives. Now when the nights came and our friends has to go home, we're left with ourselves. Me and my husband has been trying hard to be strong for each other. It's hard because I can't cry out loud the pain and frustration. When husband is by himself I can hear him sigh. I caught him teary eyed when he thought I was sleeping. The only thing that save ourselves from breaking down is the laughter of our two children. When they play they're loud. Right now, I'm wishing we could go to the Philippines for awhile spend time with our family. But there's a lot of things to be done so we're stack in here, I hope not for long.

Comments

Popular Posts