Nickelodeon Has Family Friendly Programming

Thanks for the post, Lorraine Gregory


As a mom of three kids under the age of ten, I certainly get my fair amount of exposure to children's television channels. It's hard to find good programming that is age appropriate, which is why Nickelodeon is my favorite network for them to watch. Though they love the Disney channel, there are only a few shows that I can really let them watch that they're interested in. I try to keep them away from the pop Disney stars, which makes programming choices there a bit difficult.

However, Nickelodeon has many great choices that I feel good about them watching. They are able to watch Nickelodeon on our directv channels and they get several of the channels in addition to their other favorites, like Cartoon Network. My two boys love watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, while my daughter is a big fan of iCarly. All of the kids can also agree on watching The Penguins of Madagascar and The Fairly Oddparents.

Though I think it's important to expose them to the different types of television that are on so that they can stay informed about current issues and what's going on in the world, I like to take the opportunity to talk to them about important elements of the shows and what they mean. All of the shows definitely provide us with good conversation opportunities.

Comments

Popular Posts