Can You Blame Her?

I was dismayed with what happened in the Filipino Community here in our place. Even though I'm not directly connected with the feud but it involved some of my close friends, it's just very hard because I was caught in the middle. But as the conflict worsen I feel like it's not anymore unfair to take sides.
One day, ate Mendy, one of the elders of the Filipinos dropped by at my house because I invited her for dinner. I don't intend to discuss with what's going on but while we're eating she vented to me that my friend Tess' husband threatened her over the phone. He don't want her to visit in their house anymore. Base on the way she explained it to me, I think she wasn't really threatened. And in my heart I know she wasn't threatened. I believe she just misinterpreted the whole conversation because they just talked over the phone. She is a very religious woman so I asked her to just surrender it all to God and everything will be okay. She further told me that she treated my Tess' family as her own and at that moment she and Tess still in speaking terms. So I tried to convince her to talk to Hugh (Tess'husband )personally because it's hard when it's just over the phone but she just shaked her head. I can feel her frustration so I told her to just let this heat pass by and everything will just fall into right places.
In the following morning I learned from Tess that ate Mendy and the chairman of the Filipino Community filed a complaint in the sheriff against them. I was upset in disbelief. In my own opinion, I wish they confronted Tess first and tell them with their plans. Maybe a warning won't do no harm.
And the words that ate Mendy told me the night before. ..that Tess was like her own daughter caused confusion in my definition of family.
For me, no matter what if you treat someone a family, you won't go that far. Involving a sheriff in a family's personal affairs will ruin it's real essence. But you see, everyone is entitled with each own judgment. Maybe at that time they're doing the right thing.
Me, when a family hurts me, I would rather go away...and probably wouldn't reserve a space in my heart for them anymore. But that's me.
Now, Can you blame Tess if she's deeply upset that leads her to write A POST ABOUT HER OWN SIDE OF THE STORY?
Tess a busy mom of two smart kids and a pampered wife...in fact I thought she's a spoiled one. I don't see any reason her husband would do something stupid to ruin their perfect life.
She's my friend for a long time.Although we don't hang out often but she's the kind of friend that I can trust my dirtiest laundry. ..no matter what!!!She's the kind of friend that I can sit on a porch and swing with, even if we don't talk I can walk away feeling like it was the best conversation I've ever had.

Comments

Popular Posts