Health Insurance

Finding the right health insurance is a very important decision to make. You have to make sure that it will meet your needs and affordable for your family. There are different types of health insurance. There are two different types of health insurance that I'm familiar with. The HMO and PPO.
HMO stands for Health Maintenance Organization. This the type of insurance that our family have since my husband is working in the federal. Having this kind of insurance  for almost ten years now, is a good help for me and my family. Although, I was having a bad time having my claims approved. But as long as you're familiar with your plan, you will eventually know how to solve the situation. All in all, I'm satisfied with HMO because all my medical bills were covered. I gave birth three times and I didn't pay that much. It's true your medical providers are limited but all you need to do is ask for a referral and you will be covered.
PPO stands for Preferred Provider Organization. This type of insurance is mostly used by my friends most especially those who work in the state and private agencies. This type of insurance is hassle free because you are not limited to which clinic or hospitals to go to.Unlike the HMO, you don't need to get a referral. But I'm just wondering, two of my friends have this type of health insurance but they're paying too much for out of the pocket expenses too. So I was thinking I much rather stick with my HMO since I don't spend that much. Thanks God. I think the most important thing to do is to to be familiar  with your plan. Know the coverage because sometimes the insurance companies made mistakes too. All you need to do is call them and I'm sure they will listen. After all you're important to them.

Comments

Popular Posts