Happily Struggling

It was such a bummer when the US AAA rating went down and affected quite a bit of my stocks. And I read that China is sending a message to the US to live within our means. U.S actually a big spender from the richest individual down to the poorest. As you see, many celebrities who's earning millions  still ran out out of money because of over spending. On the other hand, the average people who are usually living from paycheck to paycheck still spend aggressively and maxing out their credit cards.
With the current economic situation, many credit card companies are lowering down their credit limit and very quick to raise the APR if you missed payments.
The best solution that I can think of, is to start living within our means and add money in the savings, plan your shopping ahead of time and keep an eye on the sale season. As for grocery shopping, make of list the items that you want to buy so that you won't go over the budget limit. Here's another thing that I just learned, you can actually go to a store and do  price matching where you can request for the cheaper price advertised from the other stores. This way you save some money and you save making extra trips going to other stores.
Another most important thing is, taking advantage of the coupons. I have been doing this for over five years now in store and online. Most of the time I do online shopping for apparel and electronics because it's mostly cheaper than in the store. Just check out the  CouponChief.com because they have the most updated coupon for over 15000 stores. I used to subscribed  in the email lists of my favorite stores such as GAP, Old Navy and many more so I will know their current promotions and it just flooded my inbox. Now, I just add the CouponChief.com website in my favorites bar and type in my favorite stores and viola, I got my coupon in an instant. I don't have to worry anymore about expired coupons. For a mom of four kids like me, it's an everyday struggle but when I'm able to make the most of my money, I feel happy.

Comments

Popular Posts