Jury Duty

For a moment there, I thought I would be selected to be a juror.  I  miss work today because I was got a letter to appear in the court today for jury duty. I was hoping that it would be cancel. On the other hand, I was also curious what it's like. Some people told me that I don't need to appear but me personally felt obligated to render my civic duty. But then when I was inside at the courtroom, I have this feeling of restlessness.. I felt going out of there most especially when I sat the jury box. And then when the first I tried to request to excuse myself, it wasn't really granted. So I just accepted the fact that I will miss my work for three days and be sitting there, getting bored. But when the judge finalized all the jurors, the prosecution attorney asked to excuse for the reason that I personally know the defendant's lawyer. I felt a sudden relief but when I got home I felt guilty. I should not feel that way. I should show an interest in supporting the judicial system. Next time..next time..

Comments

Popular Posts