Different Kinds of Cables and Their Uses

It's been awhile since we bought our High Definition TV. I remember every time I searched for TVs, they always suggest buying these certain type of cable. I thought that it's what is compatible with these new kind of TV but our regular cable works with it. When I had my on the job training in a cable company before, I only learned about those old type cables such as RCA and coaxial cables. I'm pretty sure I learned more but I just can't remember. Now, I interested about learning about these new kinds of cables and what are their uses and capabilities.
  •  HDMI cables  HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface.It is an all-in-one cable technology that includes the highest possible resolution and best possible sound quality.This is perfect when you want to integrate your computer into home theater. Now I know why it is a plus when we  buy a laptop with HDMI inputs. Sadly, I don't have HDMI cable in my TV and it's definitely time to get one.
  • VGA cables  VGA stands for Video Graphic Array. This cable is a lead used for transmitting video signals. Commonly it is used link computers but it is also used in some high-definition TVs. This can also be used in some game consoles just like the Microsoft Xbox 360.
  • S-Video cable stands for Separate Video. This is an expensive cable that are used in DVD players. This is commonly used throughout the world with relative popularity. It is found in the TVs. digital receivers ( I saw one in our cable receiver from Charter), DVRs, game consoles and graphic cards.
These are quite interesting technology. It amazed me how technology evolve in just a matter of years. There are other great products that I am so interested to explore. It's a shame because I graduated from Electronics and Communication Engineering but I'm so ignorant about these new products. I'm so busy being a domesticated wife and I forgot my interests such as electronics and computers. But, it's not too late. It's never too late to learn.

Comments

Popular Posts