Christmas Lunch at the Teruel’s




Jenny and Tony are my daughter’s god parents. We’re good friends too. But unlike other Filipinos, we rarely go to their house because we don’t belong in their circle of card buddies. Most of the time, they’re playing Tong-its at their house and since I have children I don’t have time to join anymore and most importantly, my mother don’t want me to play card games that involve money. For her, it’s a gamble. But for the Filipinos here, it’s just a past time. They get together, cook and play Tong-its.
Anyways, I’m just flattered because even though we’re not as close to the Teruels as it used to be, they still keep on inviting us on special occasions. In fact, we’re always invited on every special gatherings in their house when only selected people are invited. Sometimes, Filipinos here don’t invite families who have children because you know how children became so noisy and chaotic sometimes. That’s why there are mothers who are furious about this. For me, it’s understandable. I’m not offended when I’m not invited.
So, we have a Christmas lunch at the Teruels. Only 6 people are invited. Jenny cooked a lot so we’re really full. Tony made a gingerbread just for Steph and Eric. After eating, Jenny surprised us with lots of presents, like about 3 gifts for each of us. She’s always like that ever since I met her. She’s one of the super generous persons I ever knew. And she love to give, that’s what matters.
We watched movies afterwards. Me and Lee watched Narnia in their entertainment center. Steph watched Cartoons in their Living room. The rest were just chatting in the dining room.We went home about 5pm. It was a nice Christmas afternoon.

Comments

Popular Posts